"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."-Abraham Lincoln

Monday, December 14, 2009

Pain

3:05
I'm always debating with one of my best friends if physical pain hurts more than mental/emotional. I think it depends on how a person is. If they can withstand mental pain than physical hurts more. While for me, it depends on the day. I have a high physical pain tolerance, but I don't let anyone feel my emotional pain because I feel vulnerable and I hate that feeling. I'm too tough for my own good sometimes. I don't want the hurt that comes with being vulnerable, but I guess I'm causing myself to have more pain then relieving any of it.

I guess it is up to you, world, to decide. Is it mental pain that hurts worse than physical or vice versa?

Never forget that we, as people, leave an imprint on others. We can teach them to be trusting or untrusting, happy or unhappy, secure or insecure, extroverted or introverted, etc., etc. The list could truly go on forever. Never forget the first impression you make because that truly does define who you are in someones mind. As much as we hate to admit it, people remember your first impression, and it takes a lot to change a person's mind about what they think of you.

My comment of the day: find a way to relieve the pain and be open-minded. The world wouldn't be where it is today if people weren't willing to work together.

No comments:

Post a Comment