"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."-Abraham Lincoln

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Birthdays


3:17

The month of April is an insane birthday month in our house. 3 of us are within 16 days of each other. Mine happens to be the last one and this year I'm turning sixteen! I'm so excited.

My life has gotten better along with the weather. It's interesting how my mood differs with the weather. When it's warm I'm happy. When it's cold I'm crabby. Am I the only one? Probably not.

How life changes. It's almost a year since my best friend and I became friends and how much life has changed. I've ended up in therapy, she's moved, my parents are on the brink of divorce, her's did, I re-injured my knee, and, well, there's so much to list! Truly the question is where does the time go? It seems like yesterday I started middle school and here I am about to become an upperclassman with my driver's license. It's insane!

As the schoool year is coming closer, there would definitely be some things I wish I hadn't said, some events I wish hadn't come, but this year has been a trial, and I'm only stronger because of it.

1 comment:

  1. Amen to that last 'graph! Sometimes seemingly insurmountable trials or temptations will arise but remember... God will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able to withstand, but, "with the temptation" He will "also make the way of escape,that you may be able to bear it." (1 Cor. 10:13)
    there IS a reason for everything... and that great reason is found in james 1:2-6.("the testing of faith produces patience) and again in 1 peter 1:6-9 (that "the genuineness of your faith...may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ")
    well I hope that you were encouraged by all that...
    Grace and peace be with you!

    ReplyDelete