"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."-Abraham Lincoln

Friday, January 22, 2010

Haiti

8:33

A little over a week ago, Haiti was struck by an earthquake of such magnitude. These people are so poor they don't have the money to rebuild. I had been depressed because I might have retorn my ACL, I need to bring up a grade, and my best friend is moving but watching the Hope for Haiti telethon I realize there are bigger problems than my own. How often do we need to be brought back down to earth? My heart is breaking for these people. They remain faithful, strong, hopeful when all seems lost. As humans we can take a lesson from them. We too often give up hope. We need to stay strong. My heart is breaking for them and all I want to do is go there and help. It makes me want to choose a career that can give me that option. People need to be break out of their shell and help. Please help!

There were 2 stories that touched me. The first was of love. This man 6 or 8 days after the earthquake struck, was still at the building where his wife, Janette, had been. He was adament his wife was alive. Sure enough, when firefighters found her, she was very much alive. That shows true love.

The other was a little boy named Manly was in his house with his parents when the earthquake struck. He stayed for 8 days alone in darkness and in rubble because his parents died. The little boy lives and has recieved medical care. That poor little boy!

There are so many orphans and people getting medical treatment which was used in the American Revolution using vodka as an anthestic and a drill instead of a scalpal. Help.

Help.

Help.

Please help.

No comments:

Post a Comment